How is school going for your child? If you need to meet with his teacher, we want to help prepare you for the meeting. This way, you can go in calm and collected.
First, we recommend making a listing of what you want to talk about. Be sure to leave space in-between each topic, so you can write down the teacher’s answers.
Here are some questions to get you started:
1) I know what his strengths and weaknesses are at home. What are they at school? Can you please provide some examples?
2) Sometimes he comes home happy and other days he doesn’t. How would you describe his social skills?
3) Is he taking part in class activities?
4) How are his test-taking skills and how can I help?
5) Finally, what can I do more of at home to help him?