Is your teen wanting a job or volunteer position for the summer? If so, we have some recommendations for jobs suited to teenagers with learning disabilities or ADHD.
1. Animal care positions, like a shelter
2. Behind the scene positions, like unloading a retailer’s trucks or shelving products
3. Landscaping positions, like mowing
4. Maintenance positions, like a pool
5. Sports or recreation positions, like the YMCA
If your teen isn’t ready for a job, try a church-related position, like volunteering during Vacation Bible Study.
It’s a good idea to talk to your child before he or she starts the interview process. Have your child mention his or her learning disability during job interviews and be sure to include why this makes your child a good candidate.